Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Preschool Stuff

So I've been teaching my 3 and 4 year olds the alphabet, shapes and numbers these past few weeks, but haven't figured out a way to display the letters and fun stuff.  I have been putting them on the fridge with magnets, but it's just not what I had in mind.  I needed a board of some kind.  Back when the office was a "preschool room" there was a magnetic board on the wall that worked great but it's too big to put in the kitchen.
But A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND!  I found this foam board, display at Hobby Lobby for like 3$ and it's just the right size to set on the shelf above the table.  Each child will be able to see it clearly and it will be close to where they are working!  I'm so excited to start brainstorming ideas for how they will be used.  I will do one for the alphabet, one for numbers and one for our theme of the week.  They are portable and fold up to store easily.


The little pig in the upper right corner is for learning money.  I won't start them at 35 cents, I will introduce them to pennies, nickels, dimes, etc. The little blue photo case is from Creative Memories and holds all of the pieces and different games for the board.
Here is the table where we work.  I can also bring the board down to the table top for closer viewing.
Farmer needs 5 apples put onto his tree.  The apples are stored in the basket using a clear plastic envelope from a Webkinz tag.  (I used the same little plastic envelope for the piggy bank above).   I just cut it down and the apples fit perfectly.  The kids love taking turns putting the apples on the tree.
This is our supply bag.  It was actually a little gardening set that came with a shovel, rack, and gloves, but now it stores our crayons (in the center) our glue and our scissors.  There are pockets on all sides for pens, a hole punch, whatever we need.
Each child has a scissor, bottle of glue and a soap box of crayons.  The soap boxes were found at Walmart.  Because they are multi-colored each child has "their color" of box that also matches their drinking glass color!
So that's what I've been doing the past couple of nights.  Should get back into crafting this evening though.  I have so many things to work on before Christmas and the days are flying by.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment