Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Harker Red Apple Baking Dish

I'm taking a little break from the Prairie Village Museum tour just for today and will share my new little baking dish instead.

A few days ago while searching for red striped vintage dishes I came across this cute little tea pot on Brookhollow Lane's  blog.   http://brookhollowlane.blogspot.com/2012/06/kitchen-hutch-re-do.html
Tea pot from Brookhollow Lane's Blog.  It has a very unique lid!

I decided that if I ever saw anything like it at a flea market or antique shop I would gladly buy it. 

Fast forward to this past weekend.  In a small town antique store I found this bowl!  And as luck would have it, it was a very reasonable price. 

Mom found the tea towel on which it is sitting (thanks Mom).  Fruit tea towels are the coolest!

The markings on the bottom of the bowl
After doing some digging I've found out that it is a baking dish and is called "Harker Red Apple"

Now, just yesterday (after I'd bought my bowl), I was looking at Creative Breathing's Blog (love her blog) and what did my eyes spy in the background?   Another piece of Harker Red Apple! Here is her link.  http://creativebreathing.blogspot.com

Two of my favorite bloggers have pieces of this!  Mine has a bit of browning and crazing, but it doesn't bother me, I'm just so tickled to have one!

I'm working on a little towel to sit underneath the bowl.  I'll share that with you soon!

Have a Happy Vintage Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment