Thursday, October 31, 2013

Embroidered Cottage

A few weeks ago, I was checking out the Vintage Embroidery Pattern pool on Flickr and saw the pattern for this cute little cottage.
I copied it out onto paper, traced it onto an old piece of fabric and just started stitching away!  It's nothing serious, I'm mostly just using it to learn new stitches or practice stitches I already know.
When it's finished, I will frame it in a hoop and hang it above my desk or dresser in the bedroom.  I'm not sure who posted this beautiful patter to Flickr, but I'm sure glad they did!  It sure is nice of those ladies to share all of their old vintage transfers with all of us!

Progress as of Oct 10, 2013
And below is progress as of Oct 31, 2013
I haven't picked this up in a couple of weeks, and am hoping to be able to work on it a bit through November.
Like I said before, I'm not taking this project too seriously.  Many of the stitches are ones I'm not used to using, therefore, this is a "practice" project.

That's all for today, but stay tuned because there will be more ahead!
Until then, have a happy stitching day!



No comments:

Post a Comment