Friday, October 18, 2013

New Embroidery Floss and Garage Sale Finds

Last Saturday morning I woke up not thinking I was going to go to any garage sales, but I decided to go to just one since it was in my neighborhood.  Am I ever glad I went!  There were lots of craft supplies, needlepoint, cross stitch and embroidery supplies.  There were frames, stretcher bars, and a stretcher bar attached to a cherry wood stand that I passed up as I don't do any large counted cross stitching.  
The lady in charge was very nice and when she found out I liked to embroider, we started talking about the different forms of needlework.  As I was checking out she ran across the garage and said, "did you see this one?" and held up the book below.  I hadn't, and she actually GAVE it to me!
She said, "I'm just so happy that it's going to someone who will enjoy it". 
That NEVER happens to me (it's happened to my daughter a few times).   I was so tickled!  And I love the book.  I've drooled over a copy that lives in the antique store, downtown, but now I have one of my very own!

It's a wonderful book with instructions about all sorts of needlework, crochet, knitting, tatting, lace making, quilting, YOU NAME IT!


The garage sale lady also had pillow forms (I picked up two small ones), and she had a dozen or so of these "The Creative Circle"  kits.  I chose only one...this "Shining Nativity" because of it's bright colors and that fact that it is copyright 1983 (There were a lot of great years throughout my childhood, but for some reason '83 stands out as one of the greatest.). 

The kit contains a pile of 6-ply embroidery thread, and it's looks like it's all satin stitch, which I like, so it would be a "doable" project for me, skill wise. 

Then there was a quick trip to Hobby Lobby where I put my anniversary gift certificate from my DH to good use.  I initially went in for 5 different floss colors but came out with 25.  Does that ever happen to anyone else?  It happens to me quite often in the grocery store, I stop for milk and end up with 50$ worth of items.  But, lately it's been happening with embroidery thread too haha!


That's all for today!
I'm still stitching away on a new project I will share with you real soon.
Until then, have a Happy Stitching Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment