Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 Caldecott Predictions

Oooo it's that time of year again!  No, it's not the Super Bowl.  No, it's no the Oscars, it's Caldecott awards time!!
This year it was just too hard to pick one favorite, so I have two, which is okay because I'm not a REAL judge and therefore am under no obligation to pick just one hee hee hee. 
My first pick for Caldecott is Blackout by John Rocco.  It's about the 2003 NYC blackout and is beautifully done!




I mean how beautiful is that!?  I just love "night-time glow" pictures and he does that so well.
Here is a link if you'd like to see the book trailer for Blackout by John Rocco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3g5olFEUT8&feature=related

My second pick for Caldecott is Grandpa Green by Lane Smith.

 There were some superbly illustrated (and clever) books done in the year 2011, such as Me Jane by Patrick McDonnall and I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen. AND Chris Van Allsburg is in the running with Queen of the Falls.  But these are the two that I think are most pleasing to the eye.  I guess we'll find out on Monday who the big winners will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment