Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rub a Dub Doggie

My favorite commercial as a kid was the rub-a-dub-doggie commercial.  I still know the song by heart (not sure that is something I should be admitting). 


My brother and I got a rub-a-dub-doggie for Christmas back in like 1983.  He was special (the doggie, not my brother)...just kidding little brother, you are special too.

A Rub-a-Dub-Doggie for Christmas.  Please ignore the horrible 80's perm.
Thanks to my parents who kept many of our things from when we were little, I still have my Rub-a-Dub-Doggie and Autumn played with him when she was little.  And my Care Bear, and my Rainbow Sprite, and my Cabbage Patch Kid....she's got them all.  Why haven't they re-introduced the Rub-a-Dub-Doggie I wonder?

Do you know that some Rub-a-Dub-Doggies on Ebay are going for like eighty dollars?!  Are you kidding me?!  Well, I'm not selling mine.  Not unless I'm having to eat noodles everyday, then maybe I would.  "I love you Rub-a-Dub-Doggie"!

No comments:

Post a Comment