Saturday, March 28, 2015

Embroidery--Buttonhole Stitch Fun 2

Well, I've been trying some different things with the buttonhole stitching that I've been embroidering.  I wanted to do French Knots in between the circles, so at first I tried this...
 
 
Using two shades of gray to "fill-in" the space.  Like some sort of coral sea creature.
 
 
But the gray bothered me and the coral look bothered me, so I undid all of the French knots.  Let me tell you...it is a huge pain to snip out little French knots.  I spent more time trying to snip them out then stitching them in the first place!
 
Then I tried this...kind of a astro-spacey look.
 
 
I didn't like that either.  Out they go!
 
Now I am just back to circles. 
Lots and lots of circles.
 
Now, if I could just get over to Hobby Lobby for some more of that pretty turquoise color, I'll be good to go!
 
That's all for today.  Until next time, have a happy, stitching day!

1 comment: