Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Vintage Ad Wednesday

When we were kids, my mom always kept a 7-up and a "real" Coke in the fridge in case of sickness.  And 7-up was the only pop I ever remember seeing at my grandparents' house.  Grandma always let us have one with our Schwan's pizza.  Ahh, the memories.
The 7-Up ad below is from June of 1948 found in my True Story magazine.
 
I'm loving the matching yellow headband, socks and T-shirt look.  I just might have to get myself a pair of Keds this summer!
 
I got this nifty 7-Up bottle awhile ago.  It looks a lot like the one in the ad above, except mine is filthy, and needs a serious bottle scrubbing.  But I still love it.
 
 
And yes, I call it "pop".  My brother laughs at me because where he is living it's called "soda".  And we drink our pop with slush burgers and toasted cheese sandwiches.  If you are thinking, "what the hell's a toasted cheese?" it's one of these.
 
 
And a slush burger?  It's a Sloppy Joe.
 
 
Those both look good!  Is it supper time yet?
 
That's all for now.  Have a refreshing, vintage day!

No comments:

Post a Comment